In April 2012 I was lucky enough to win a whirlwind four day trip to Paris thanks to Travelscene American Express. One of the conditions of the trip was that I had to report about all my adventures, so I posted all my adventures right here on my blog. As a way of collecting all the adventures in one place I thought I’d create an index post, so below you’ll find out exactly what I did on each of the four days I was in Paris, with links to all the posts I made.
For anyone that hasn’t been to Paris (like me prior to the trip) it’s a gorgeous city. A perfect blend of culture, history and cuisine! There’s so much to see and do, and each sight is grander than the last. There’s a little bit of something for everyone in the city, and whilst there I tried to experience as much as I could from as many different perspectives as possible, whether that be a cliche tourist climbing the Eiffel Tower, going on quirky adventures on the Metro, trying out some of the bars backpacker style or experiencing Disneyland Paris like… well a child.
These were my Four Days In Paris!
I’m Going To Paris: What it’s like to find out you’ve won a spontaneous trip to Paris.
Retrouver: Which means ‘to reunite’ in French. In this case with my best friend.
Un Sommeil Plus!!: One more sleep to go!
My travelling Companions:
Ally: This is her Blog, her Twitter and her Pinterest
Sarah: Blogged here, Tweeted here and pinned stuff here
Yvonne: Kept her blog at this location, tweeted from here
Kristen: Pinned stuff on her Pinterest
- Let There Be Flight: Describes my wonderful flight experience with Air Austral
- We stayed at the Hotel California.
- After a buffet breakfast I went for a nice 10km walk
- During that walk I saw the Lovers Locks and plenty of Street Art- Stencils, Stickers, Paint, Paste and one of my favourite Street Artists, Space Invaders.
- In the afternoon we went on a fantastic Urban Adventures tour of Paris.
- That evening I reunited with my best friend Grace under the Eiffel Tower
- Sarah and I searched for some cool Metro Stations
- While exploring quirky locations we discovered The Passages, a hidden shopping gem.
- We had some fun with the Wax Works at the Musee Grevin
- We had outrageously named cocktails at an Australian Themed Bar
- For lunch we grabbed McDonalds… stop judging.
- That evening I met up with Grace again and we experienced Shakespeare and Company and French Food.
- Sarah played Mum and took Ally and I to Disneyland! Kicking off not a Good Friday, but an AWESOME Friday
- By this point in time I’d accumulated a number of crazy French Bathroom stories.
- That night was the highlight of the whole four days in Paris. Ally, Sarah, Yvonne and I went to a hopping little French Wine Bar where we felt like locals and were treated to the best wine I’ve ever tasted.
- Whilst waiting for a bookshop to open I discovered a street full of comic book shops
- After checking out of the hotel I went shopping on the Champs-Elysees with Sarah and Ally
- Then we all hopped into our transport for a ride to the airport, and the long flight home to Australia.
What an absolutely crazy whirlwind four days. I feel like I saw so much of what Paris had to offer, but there’s still so much more I’d love to see, I guess I’ll have to go back at some point for a bit longer. A huge thanks goes to Travelscene American Express and everyone involved in putting the Facebook Fan Trip together. I couldn’t think of a better way to have experienced Paris for my very first time.
If you’d like to win a trip across the globe make sure you add the Travelscene facebook page! Facebook Fan Trip 7 has been announced and will be heading off to Nepal with four lucky winners very soon. I’ll cross my fingers for you!